The sermon today was on Galatians 4:12-19.
The pastor had a total of 5 points on dealing with Spiritual Error, and they are:
1. In dealing with Spiritual Error it is important to address with the right heart (vs. 12a, 20)
First you have to make sure you’re heart is pure before trying to help someone else.
2. In dealing with Spiritual Error it is encouraging to commend prior actions (vs. 13-15)
Paul commended the Galatians for, when he got sick while with them, not thinking that his sickness was punishment from God. And likewise we should commend one another.
3. In dealing with Spiritual Error it is wise to expect reproach for telling the truth (vs. 16)
I think this is pretty self-explanatory; when you try to correct someone, they may not like it.
4. In dealing with Spiritual Error it is imperative to deal with heart issues (vs. 17-18)
It doesn’t matter all that much if someone just changes what they do, in order for the problem to be solved, the heart has to be changed.
5. In Dealing with Spiritual Error it is necessary to posses the right motive (vs. 19)
Why are you trying to do what it is you’re doing? Are you trying to help the person out of sin? Or are you trying to do it for some other reason, whatever that may be?
12Brothers,[a](A) I entreat you, become as I am, for I also have become as you are.(B) You did me no wrong. 13You know it was(C) because of a bodily ailment that I preached the gospel to you(D) at first, 14and though my condition was a trial to you, you did not scorn or despise me, but received me(E) as an angel of God,(F) as Christ Jesus. 15What then has become of the blessing you felt? For I testify to you that, if possible, you would have gouged out your eyes and given them to me.16Have I then become your enemy by(G) telling you the truth?[b]17They make much of you, but for no good purpose. They want to shut you out, that you may make much of them. 18It is always good to be made much of for a good purpose, and(H)not only when I am present with you, 19(I) my little children,(J)for whom I am again in the anguish of childbirth until Christ(K)is formed in you! (Galatians 4:12-19)
You are loved!