Today the second interim-pastor, Mark Campo, preached at Fountain of Grace Church (i.e. The Fountain). He preached on Judges 6:1-32, and had four main points:
- God uses ordinary things, In extraordinary ways.
- The things God does come from His strength not ours.
- If we do courageous things for God, it’s a testimony to others of God.
- It is necessary for us to be serious about our response to God’s call.
For the most part though, he actually focused on three things:
- What a wine-press is, and what it meant for Gideon to be threshing wheat there.
- What a threshing floor is.
- That we should tear down the “altars” (arguments against God, etc.) of the Muslims.
Now, it may seem bad when I put it like that, but if you’d been there you would’ve seen how he tried to weave all of those things in with each-other. But, in general, his sermon emphasized that no matter who you are, God can use you.
You are Loved!